The Villain collected Matchbox cars when he was with Birdy, lots of them, kept them in boxes, we were not allowed to play with them or even open the boxes to just look at them, i didn’t want to play with them ANYWAY.
I remembered this when i saw a facebook post this morning, the South Australia Police page made a bit of a mockery of a crime where an 18 year old guy stole 200 Matchbox cars. He stole 200 kids toy cars! They follow this up, they made an arrest and charged him with theft and unlawful possession. No one was hurt and now this young man has a record, look out, these police are tough.
Now you see where i am going with this right?
Lets put this into perspective. The owner good ole Joe blogs from Car-land, South Australia and owner of these 200 cars, would have had to have cut his losses at the loss of his toys if they weren’t found. He would have moved on and collected Furby’s or Lego Barbie playsets instead. He was probably not emotionally or mentally scarred by this theft unless he was feeling especially sensitive that day. The silly 18 year old boy will have that record against him for stealing toys for a few years leaving him unable to get a job and unable to contribute to society like a ‘good’ human should (insert sarcasm).
Adult me in 2015 : I Suffer from depression, anxiety, PTSD, compulsive swearing and unnecessary sarcasm at the hands of a man who thinks what he’s done to me is no big deal. I have cried so much over what happened that I thought my heart might break. He sexually abused a child, he manipulated a child, he physically hurt a child, a little girl that had her entire childhood of ponies and dreams ahead of her. He caused distress and confusion to a child who grew into a woman that can now put those memories into addresses, timelines, down to the year and can write countless feelings and emotions about it and yet there is nothing the Police or Sex crimes investigation unit can do for me because it’s a historical sexual abuse claim. My word against his. Should it really matter when it happened? Isn’t what should matter is that it happened at all? And even if at the time i came forward that first time as a small child, what would the difference be? Especially when you consider that only 2% – 15% of children that are sexually abused even have injuries consistent with sexual abuse.
As an adult i suffer, the victims, we all suffer, and sure there’s that 2% chance i’m just making this all up right? 98% of children and adults that claim to be sexually abused actually are, only 2% made that up…. Maybe i’m just trying to get money? No… He’s on been on ‘disability‘ welfare (someone that continued to ride motorbikes and surf) because he’s got a bad back probably from kneeling over my bed too much. I’m not accusing some upstanding ‘man’ with a community that loves and dotes on this man, I have nothing to gain from this. I’m talking about a ‘man’, that has 5 children to different women that he hasn’t been able to support financially, a man that hasn’t wanted to hold down a job, a 60 odd year old ‘man’ with long dirty dreadlocked hair and missing teeth that has lived with his mother for years and owes countless people money. A man that left Birdy with thousands of dollars worth of phone bills because he had a secret sex line addiction, a man that was having a relationship with a woman from those lines and used my family’s last name, a man who was caught many times rubbing up Birdy’s younger friends while they slept at parties or the time Birdy caught him in a caravan in a local caravan park with a friend with a High school girl sitting on his lap. A ‘man’ that got off over molesting little girls.
This is the ‘man’ i can’t not have convicted.
I see countless posts on facebook about how pedophiles should be killed or raped in prison, or death. I would never want to stoop to his level, I don’t think anyone no matter how bad someone was deserves that. Countless people agree with the idea that they should be made to suffer the same as they gave, eye for an eye type thing . I don’t, i don’t want him to suffer in pain, I don’t want him to die or kill him nor do I want anyone else to kill him even though i may have considered painting his car or knifing his tyres every week. I honestly do not believe that him being in prison would actually help me heal, it won’t bring me closure or happiness but to think of him sitting in a cell day after day till the day he died with criminals for me would be relief, just relief that he won’t hurt me or anyone else, that he was finally held accountable for his actions, if anything to prove to him that i am actually stronger than him, because right now the ‘law’ has made me weak. I want what he deserves, to rot in prison not having access to his precious matchbox cars, bass guitar, deep fried, battered cauliflower and most importantly any more children. I want him to regret every time he touched her little soul crushed body taking part of her with him when he walked away, regretting the time he rubbed a 6-7 year old girl raw, regretting even glancing in my direction in the beginning.
People like him do not deserve the privilege of death. Death is too easy for them. Death is not a punishment. Death is freedom.